Favorite Vinyl Craft Supplies and Resources
Are you a fellow Crafter or wondering what my favorite vinyl craft supplies and resources are?
If you are a Cricut or Silhouette user (or Glowforge or laser cutter), I learned how to design through an online course taught by Michelle from My Designs in the
Chaos. When I was looking up how to create an svg file for cricut, I came across Michelle's courses. You can click here to get on the list for the upcoming courses. I'm happy to answer any questions about her teaching style and what I've learned over the years.
For Screen printing with vinyl, I learned everything from Jennifer at Pigskins and Pigtails. She has a couple of courses that I have taken and found so useful! You can take a look at her beginner class here. There is also an E-Book to get you started quickly.
If you take the plunge and get a screen press, she has a course about that as well (it's super helpful! I often refer back to it for certain tips.)
For troubleshooting, I love the information at Expressions Vinyl - they have super-helpful charts for cut and heat settings, as well as sizing charts for graphic
placement. And while you're there, they have a really great selection of vinyl crafts supplies (both adhesive and heat transfer vinyls) as well as an amazing monthly mystery box!
- I've been loving making stickers lately. Here is the is sticker paper that I love from Neato Labels.
- To cut my vinyl and stickers, I use my Cricut Maker (the one linked here is a newer model than the one I have)
- If you already have a Cricut or Silhouette you may need new mats - I opt to buy cheaper mats that I can replace with out costing a lot. These mats I order from amazon and they are great! One they lose stickiness, I wash them and they come back to life. Check them out here.
- My favorite fabric ink that I use on my screen print tees and bags is made by Speedball. You can find it on Amazon and some crafting retailers.
- Speaking of Speedball, they also offer a beginning Screen Print kit so you can try making your own shirts.
(I may receive a small compensation, at no cost to you, by purchasing through these links)